The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My mom wants a new plant where this crypt bush is,so it has to go. I really would like to get something that looks like a tree or bush and grows slowly for her. Her water is very hard. light is med. no co2. tank 75 gal
space size of hole is 7 inch round 12 inch high

All the red crypts in picture 20-25 or so. species?? She has had this plant for like 20 years so who knows what it is. I am taking the best offer of trade please post offers in this thread and do NOT send me a pm on this. Thanks for looking

Here it is out of the tank. There is a quarter on each bag for size refference.
I will split the bags up. Am looking for anubuis species. Maybe some aponogetons, or another type of crypt.

·
Registered
7,228 Posts
You need to put some type of price on it... Forum rules..:proud:

I think thats worth quite a bit... it looks to be HUGE!

-Andrew

·
Registered
558 Posts
Link

http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/swap-n-shop/20744-aquabid-links.html

"Swap n Shop is a place where people will be able to go buy, sell or trade extra plants, clippings or other aquarium related goods directly to/with other Planted Tank members. It will no longer serve as a means of personal promotion. This includes any other form of "bidding" or "auction type" transactions here in the Swap and Shop...set a price , preferrably for just shipping costs and enjoy the hobby and friendship. Making money is not what The Planted Tank Swap and Shop is all about."

·
Banned
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was asking for TRADE offers primarilly. read post closely please. I said she wants a NEW plant. The cash was only shipping $5 as I am really short on cash at the moment. I was hoping for 1 nice bigger plant or like 5 smaller ones that get 12 inches high slowly.

·
PT Biologist
3,220 Posts
It's ok Thomas, you'll figure out the rules, the nice guys helping you along won't let you miss one. :hihi:

·
Banned
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks murphy I am learning the rules of this forum as I go.
Thanks to the folks who replyed to my post. I have been offered ludwigia and bylxa japonica. Both of those are stem plants that grow really fast. I was looking for more of a slow grower as mom don't want to use co2 or ferts. I was blasted by one member in a pm for allowing her to run the tank that way. It is her tank I only landscape and clean it for her. Still looking for a colorfull plant that will work for her. I guess if I don't find a suitable trade I will just buy something of a-bid and sell these crypts.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I was looking for more of a slow grower as mom don't want to use co2 or ferts. I was blasted by one member in a pm for allowing her to run the tank that way.
Anyone that would PM you to complain about the way your mom runs her tank needs to get a life in a serious way. Nice looking bunch of crypts, BTW. Has your mom considered a large anubias, like maybe a congensis?

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
That was me, if you have a problem with it, please let me know. Its picky enough to choose plants that grows slow, has color, in a type of setup like his mom. Running no CO2, failure to do any ferts, i'm suprised plants are thriving after all. Its not a bad thing, but its just hard to maintain a planted tank and allow plants to grow w/o supplying them with the nutrients they need.

I know its a quite surprise for me to say that, maybe I was having a bad day yesterday? who knows, and by the way, I didn't PM him just to say that ... I actually offered plants for him, and he said that the plant is too green so I suggested dosing some Iron, and that's when she said that his mom didn't want to do any CO2 or ferts.

Plain and simple.

·
Registered
33 Posts
That was me, if you have a problem with it, please let me know. Its picky enough to choose plants that grows slow, has color, in a type of setup like his mom. Running no CO2, failure to do any ferts, i'm suprised plants are thriving after all. Its not a bad thing, but its just hard to maintain a planted tank and allow plants to grow w/o supplying them with the nutrients they need.

I know its a quite surprise for me to say that, maybe I was having a bad day yesterday? who knows, and by the way, I didn't PM him just to say that ... I actually offered plants for him, and he said that the plant is too green so I suggested dosing some Iron, and that's when she said that his mom didn't want to do any CO2 or ferts.

Plain and simple.
Hey man, I've got no problem with you. I was just responding to the comment that someone PM'd him to "blast" him for letting his mom run the tank that way. I'm glad that wasn't what you were trying to do.

·
Banned
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
jdinh04 you were very polite and trying to guide me in the right path. I know the set-up is not the best for plants. Just trying to make the best of it. I am a little picky so I get the right plants for the set-up.

Fishguy A large anubius would be perfect.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I don't have anything to trade but I would love to buy. Let me know if you are still interested and how much with shipping. I can send you a check but if you can use paypal it would be quicker. I pay via credit card with paypal so if there is any extra fee just add it to the bill.

All my plants died so I am looking for replacements. My tank was just too new I guess. Grew green water and aglea great the cure did in my plants.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts