The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A replacement for the guest room aquarium. It was set up out of necessity... The person I'd given some of my goldfish to a few years ago decided out of the blue he didn't want them anymore. So rather than send 12 year old goldfish (along with their tankmates) to their deaths at a pet store, I took them back. The system has been up and running for exactly one week and was fully cycled after 4hrs. of operation. More plants will be added in time (once the gravel bed matures a bit). The plants seen aren't new; they were in the previous aquarium featured in this room. Patches and 2Spot share their home with a school of mixed Danios (Pearl & Zebra), an Otto and a Nerite Snail.

Their new home (that odd blue spot isn't permanent; the background was wet and I didn't realize it when applying; will fix it)

Patches - comet; nacreous scales (though most are matt with a handful of metallic scales); orange and white

2Spot - comet; nacreous scales (most are matt with a few metallic scales); five calico/harlequin colors (white, yellow, brown, black, and orange)

Plant detail

More photos here: Guest Room Aquarium

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
Fiz...any goldy would be happy to have your aquarium as home. I see them in bowl and cringe. You have some interesting species there...

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey Im happy you took them back. I seen this on another forum(MFT) and I am happy you didnt let them go back to death!

Thank you for saying so :) Believe it or not, you're the only person who took note of that... I appreciate it, especially after going through the process of feeling guilty for giving them to this "friend" who ended up not having the same sense of responsibility to them as I did -- to think the person requested them in the first place :angryfire ... But, some people are like that, I guess.... When they tire of a pet, it just needs to be gone.

Again, thank you for noticing that...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts