The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't get him to sit still long enough to take a picture. But we have a goldfish (Goldzilla) that has outgrown our 20T tank. We bought him to clear out the duckweed. He did that. But he's gotten so big that I can't keep the tank balanced for the other critters. He's a friendly enough fellow, very nice coloration. We just don't have room for him.

Anybody in the vicinity of Irving, TX interested in this monster, he's yours for the taking.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
I have no idea how to sex a fish.

It would cost more to ship than it would to go to a local fish store and buy one. I can't see how it would be worth shipping.
Yep, they gave you an idea on sexing goldfish.

And the value of a fish is not in money. It's the fact that I'm looking for a fish, I would like to help out another member, and I like knowing the fish is healthy and not from an infested petstore tank. It may have come from one, but since you've had it for a while, it has proven to be healthy and may even be healthier now.

Alas, the fish may be male and I am looking for a female.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It's difficult to tell, but it does appear to be male. I don't see spots on the gill covers. But I do see them on the leading edge of the pectoral fins. Also, the vent doesn't seem to protrude like it should on a female. I could be wrong. It is very difficult to examine the critter since he never stops moving.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts