The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

Just adding photos of my goldfish tank.
Its been a long year and my plants has finally been growing..

I've taken the lights off now for the last 2 months, now that i think the indirect sunlight is enough for them.

The hardest part till now has always been the algae... since i couldnt introduce any algae eaters to eat it, and no snails where I am.. except for ramshorn and trumpets. sigh...

phew... now that problem has finally disappeared!... fully eco system now! hehe...

Haven't had any algae for the last 4 months. Crystal clear glass and water.
The plants look fine, I hope.

I dont even clean the glass anymore :) just clean the gravel every 2 weeks and change water.

Attachments

·
Registered
405 Posts
You have accomplished something there, that's for sure, yellov. My problem with the goldfish tank is that I can't discipline myself enough to keep just one goldfish.

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
Its always nice seeing a well treated Goldfish! Nice looking aquarium!

·
Registered
397 Posts
really nice... really wish my goldfish wouldn't eat their plants
That is what I was thinking...

Anyways, I like what you've done with the place. Great hardscape! Only thing missing is a carpet plant, but I can't imagine any of them going well with goldfish.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes, I wish I could get more goldfish! but just don't have a big enough tank, this tank only able to hold one. Maybe my next tank i have to go 100+ Gallon. :S

I have gone through so many plants, and he has eaten so many... yes, foreground never lived through a day.. haha

Plant on the left corner normally outgrows over the tank and sticks out like a coconut tree :)
but for this photo it was cut in half and replanted till the next bloom.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Really nice looking red cap . Congratulations on your set up. A lot of folks has had problems mixing plants and goldfish. You did a great job .

1 - 10 of 10 Posts