The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Someone posted a good question on that. Did anyone translate it? And, how do they heat the oil without it "exploding"?

It has to be some type of synthetic oil?

Either way, I would never do that.

·
Registered
845 Posts
:eek: Why?? I'm speechless...almost. What horrid conditions! Ummmmmm....they didn't say what the temp of the water was, did they? I saw the oil temp, but not the water temp.... how is that possible? That is just too sad.... :icon_frow

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
from what the comments about the video show. from those that can translate. Is the purpose of the video is not to show a great new fad for fish keeping. It is to showcase the synthetic oil that is used in the fryer. Most oil if you introduce water it will explode. The video shows that the synthetic that was made does not have this same dangerous trait.
the gold fish is simply to show that it is indeed water that is in the tank and not an illusion.

Plus its a gold fish, who cares. It's not being tourtured. their not cooking them. And even if they were so what so long as they are being used for food. the heat of the hot oil would kill them instantly anyways.

None of you eat fish?

·
Registered
845 Posts
This was on a Japanese news site:

Mom roughly translated for me: It took the inventor 10 years to build that contraption. That is normal oil. He designed it to where when water hits that oil, it moves down and not cause that huge oil eruption. The globules you see in the oil after he pours water and ice cube in the oil, are water globs, making their way down to where the fish are at. Also, if you have ever fried food, you get alot of leftover crumbs in the oil. Well with this contraption it falls down, so the oil stays less contaiminated, therefore longer use may be had.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
They have been around in the US for at least six years. I saw one in operation and being cleaned. It keeps the oil very clean and all the debris ends up in the water. The water is changed at the end of the day and refilled. The water is not hot at all, about room temperature, maybe just slightly higher. I was amazed by it then, although it isn't a very hospitable place for any living thing.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Imagine shrimp in there.... MMMM automatic tempura! LOL!

*Nippon Pride!* Such a brilliant idea... Automatic tempura! And if you put cherries, the rate of production and reproduction would be at equilibrium with each other! NAHAHAHAHAHA. Maybe if you put plants in then they won't suffocate :-D.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.