The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 90 gallon live planted tank which I have on this website and I was wondering if I needed to quaranteen a Gold Nugget Pleco before I put into my show tank? I have kept one in the years past but now I want another. I do have 2 huge pieces of the wood that they like in the aquarium already. I kept one before for about 3 years as they are sweet fish! I am not sure if pleco's can get ich or not? I know some fish just don't get this disease. Any ideas would be greatful!

Thanks,

·
Registered
414 Posts
Quarantine is always a good idea. Treating a 90 gallon tank for ich or the like will be very expensive since you'll have to use a lot of meds.

If you can, quarantine the fish. I dont have the room for a quarantine tank so I just put my fish in and hope my UV sterilizer will keep any problems minimal.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Quarantine would help protect your existing fish and the new one. BTW, Gold Nuggets are omnivores and will starve if all they get to eat is vegetation and wood. You should see how plump mine are from eating the same food I give my Discus.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Pl*co can get Ich... I would quarantine. Nuggets have a really long gut.... and too much protein can be a problem for them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts