The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This weekend I bought a Gold Nugget Plecostomus (Aquarium Solutions). I am very excited I got him and he is going to be a perfect fit in my tank! Went right to work sucking on the glass but then quickly went into hiding for a bit. Man does he sure poop!! (More pics in my album: 29G Sand)

Attachments

·
Registered
415 Posts
So jealous right now! That is beauty!!!

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2

Edit: is that plant an Anubias?? If so I would unbury it a bit :)

·
Registered
760 Posts
Great looking fish. Unfortunately he will hide most of the time, and you will not be able to see him. I used to have a gold nugget and a peppermint pleco and unless I was extremely lucky, the only way I would see them was if I surprised them before the light came on.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Nice looking! Yes they sure do poop a lot. My daughter calls plecos play dough poop factories. Lol

·
Registered
54 Posts
Gorgeous! Barbie always has nice fish. How much was he?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So far I have been lucky as he likes to hang out on the front side of my driftwood. I can turn the lights on without him moving and as long as I don't rush up and startle him he stays put. We'll see how things progress.

I knew in the beginning about the poop and I keep up on water changes so that's not a worry. I'm sure moving him into a new home stressed him a bit hence why there was SO much up front.

Barbgirl: Yes that WAS Anubias, but it had root rott and all the leaves fell off. For now I just pushed them into the sand until I can replace with something else. Most likely another Anubias but who knows..

BlueSlurpee: She does have very nice fish! I also got a Longfin BN Pleco for my other 29G. GN was about $50.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
He has been a little more active as he gets used to his new environment. He came and said hi to me today! Even gave me a wink! LOL

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts