The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was planting some new plants today, my arms are half in the tank. While I concentrated on getting the plants perfect, I felt a sting on my arm, I look up and see 3 gold barbs taking turns nibbling on MY ARM!! I pulled my arm out and right where they were biting me I see a small red bump, like a small mosquito bite. I'm not sure if they caused it, or if it was there and they were attracted to it, but now I know that I need to feed them more!

Just a word of warning, if you don't feed your fish they will EAT YOU!

·
Registered
888 Posts
I can't remember gold barbs having razor-sharp teeth.:hihi: My discus keeps pestering me even during my tank maintenance.:icon_roll

·
Registered
295 Posts
steppin, my Gold Barbs do that to me all the time. They like to nibble at the air bubbles in the hair on my arm or at the little spots on my arms. More than likely the red spot was there and that's what attracted them.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Whenever I put my hands in my tank to scrape some algae off the glass or do some maintenance, my 2 SAE's swim through my clasped hand in circles, suck on my hands, and at least 4 shrimp attach themselves to my hand. It feels like being pricked by 4 small needles constantly, a strange sensation!

BTW, all my barbs attack my hands as well in my smaller tank. :icon_roll

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.