The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Not sure if that will fit a fire extinguisher but you would need a similar regulator yes.

The one you linked appears to be a dual stage regulator with solenoid and precision needle valve. You may want a bubble counter but they are practically useless unless your aquarium is around 20 gallons or below.

You are correct with your list, you will need a complete regulator, a diffuser, some tubing, a one way check valve(very important) and a co2 canister.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
The one you linked appears to be a dual stage regulator with solenoid and precision needle valve. You may want a bubble counter but they are practically useless unless your aquarium is around 20 gallons or below.
Just a quick clarification, the picture depicts a single stage regulator, not dual. There's a huge difference. I would ditch the fire extinguisher and get a proper co2 cylinder/bottle, and a bunch of check valves, an inline bubble counter and a separate timer (separate from your lights).

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So would the one I showed be fine for my 16gal tank? And does the air tubing come out of that or do i need to buy anything else? And yeah I don't use a check valve on my DIY setup and had a syphon accident so I would definatly get one, also the description that you can't see says fits a UK etc fire extinguisher, Thanks.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
So would the one I showed be fine for my 16gal tank? And does the air tubing come out of that or do i need to buy anything else? And yeah I don't use a check valve on my DIY setup and had a syphon accident so I would definatly get one, also the description that you can't see says fits a UK etc fire extinguisher, Thanks.
It's fine. It'll work on any size aquarium. But look into an inline bubble counter.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.