The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided to take off my AquaTech HOB filter that I inherited because it was annoying the hell out of me. It was way too loud compared to the Aqua Clear and causing the water to be cloudy because it was smashing against the water and throwing so many air bubbles into the tank. I think because it's heavily planted and the other filter is an AC50 on a 29gal I should def. have enough bio filtration, but I'm worried about dead spots.

1. Should I get a powerhead like Koralia Nano?
2. Should I position the AC50 in the middle of the tank instead of only one side?
3. I am about to use the Hagen Elite filter for CO2 diffusion - will that give me enough additional water movement or should I get a powerhead and use that for both the CO2 diffusion and water movement?
4. Should I just not worry about it?
5. Other options?

·
Banned
5,009 Posts
You can make a simple flow test device to see how your water flow is doing.

Get a stick (pencil, pen, etc.) and attach a strip of ribbon (cloth strip, etc.) about ± 3" long.

Put the end with the ribbon down into the aquarium water. Move it around to different areas and watch it to see how the water flow is. You can find dead spots or areas of low and high flow this way.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts