The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have decided that i will give it a try, right now am using t5ho but i will be using the PC light for comparison with the t5ho. am looking into 4x65w PC light over my 50g tank, about 21" away from substrate, will this be considered medium light?

i will be getting it from ebay, so it might not have the best reflectors.

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
I had one like that over my 75 on legs and was able to grow glosso and HC just fine. I dosed Excel at 3X recommended dose and Seachem potassium and trace at recommended dosages. I dose Seachem iron daily and used tap water. Plants grew well, tank was densely planted and had minimal algae after the tank settled in.

·
Registered
3,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Talk about an electric bill there.. You sure pc is the way to go? Don't the bulbs cost an arm and a leg? And yeah, Waaay more electricity usage vs t5's.. Good luck I guess, and let us know..
for some reason i think PC light grew better plant than my t5s in the past. i know what you are going to say and i know i will hear from others about how t5 is better and blah blah.

pc bulb aren't that expensive any more as they were while back. the only difference it might make in the bill would be maybe $5 more per month, i think.

i will post the results if i end up getting the fixture.

·
Registered
3,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I had one like that over my 75 on legs and was able to grow glosso and HC just fine. I dosed Excel at 3X recommended dose and Seachem potassium and trace at recommended dosages. I dose Seachem iron daily and used tap water. Plants grew well, tank was densely planted and had minimal algae after the tank settled in.
i guess i should not have any problem then, i think PC light attract less algae than the t5 bulbs, i know others may disagree on this, but this is just my experience and thoughts.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.