The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had in the past some glosso that came in a pot with some fibrous medium keeping everything in place. I figured that since the roots were soo attached to the fibers it would be a shock to take it out. What is the best way to really plant the glosso? and in comparison, would dwarf baby tears be a better choice or would glosso be a easier choice?

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah, i did that but the plant kind of gave up on life after i did that. this is a while back btw. this is why i've been deterring to buy any more glossos. oh and also, every time i try to take each apart the roots will just break off, will this cause alot of harm to the plant i mean i am taking roots away.

·
Registered
567 Posts
It should just grow new roots. Stem plants do ok without roots; it's how we can replant cuttings from them to make them spread. I don't think your issue was from breaking up the plants; you may have had some sort of deficiency in light or nutrients.

I've never grown glosso, but have had great luck with the baby tears, even in a low tech tank.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It should just grow new roots. Stem plants do ok without roots; it's how we can replant cuttings from them to make them spread. I don't think your issue was from breaking up the plants; you may have had some sort of deficiency in light or nutrients.

I've never grown glosso, but have had great luck with the baby tears, even in a low tech tank.
come to think of it, i believe you're right, i do remember that i was lacking light as well as . i'm sorry to post pointless things on the forum, thanks for your feed back guys. and i found a thread already on the forum about how to plant glossos...-_-"

1 - 5 of 5 Posts