The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey i was wondering if you guys had any tips on getting glosso to carpet. i planted some and its been growing fairly fast in the ada amazonia but its mostly growing upwards. i dont run co2 and it has pretty good light for the most part. i drained the water down to a few inches because i heard that it might force it to grow lower. will this help?

·
Super Moderator
11,976 Posts
What kind of lighting do you have?

You will generally need to have high lighting (and with that, stable CO2 and a good fertilizing regime) to have a nice carpet (of any plant).

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
usually it gets a lot of natural light from my window but then i also use this white light desk lamp i think its full spectrum. and also an led ikea light. i also have some dwarf sag that looks like it might just take over the whole tank

·
Registered
497 Posts
hey i was wondering if you guys had any tips on getting glosso to carpet. i planted some and its been growing fairly fast in the ada amazonia but its mostly growing upwards. i dont run co2 and it has pretty good light for the most part. i drained the water down to a few inches because i heard that it might force it to grow lower. will this help?
What size is the tank and what is the wattage on the desk lamp? Is it a fluorescent bulb? Also, if light intensity is not high enough to force it to lay down on its own, you can "train" it by trimming it just above the substrate. Idk that you actually train it to lay down so much as it just gets thicker and looks better. You'll have to trim it regularly if that is the case, perhaps weekly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts