The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
I think about half of my gravel is this GloFish stuff, I mixed it with some blue gravel as well. If the type you want is the one with rainbow specks in black, I recommend it. Plinkploop said : ¨If it's the type in think it is it kind of sucks. It has multicolored glowlight pebbles that flake off mixed in and the base gravel for it is the same as basic rounded big box gravel.¨
I haven't noticed any problems with mine.

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
I think about half of my gravel is this GloFish stuff, I mixed it with some blue gravel as well. If the type you want is the one with rainbow specks in black, I recommend it. Plinkploop said : ¨If it's the type in think it is it kind of sucks. It has multicolored glowlight pebbles that flake off mixed in and the base gravel for it is the same as basic rounded big box gravel.¨
I haven't noticed any problems with mine.
I had it in a tank I took down but left the gravel and a little bit of water in the bottom when I moved it onto my porch to get rid of... A year later I noticed the flaky neon specks on the glass where the neon pebble's were touching when I actually got the gumption to take it to the thrift store to donate. It's not that there's any problems with it, necessarily, the flaking could've happened because it dried out. I redact the "sucks" part, it's just not any better than any other normal inert gravel out there and because it's rounded and not porous it doesn't really aid in the planting process.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.