The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:icon_bigg Hi, I am new here. When I started my current tank I opted to close the top with glass because I added a red turkish roach culture, and didnt want any nymphs escaping through a screen. It's a 29 high with about five gallons ( three inches of water) of aquascape on the bottom, with about a half a square foot of lit water total. I have been lighting it with a Flora Sun and an All Glass plant light (both T5). But this week I am planning to ditch them for two 10.0 Desert UVB's from ZooMed (also T5). So is this going to help the aquascape at all ?

Thanks

·
Registered
21,012 Posts
Do you have a pic of the planted tank? It is hard to be sure about the light, although I suspect you have way too much. And UV is not appropriate light for aquatic plants.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply

:red_mouth Hi, thanks for the reply, yes I am worried about the UV affecting the biotics of the water, but I also have vertabrates (Day geckos and Dendrobates) so I am trying to balance, I am hoping that with the 10.0 that the glass, and water vapor will diffuse it enough, I am going to be testing the UV output at water level and hope by the time its all said and done its under 2.0. I attached a Pic.

Thanks for the help :icon_bigg

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts