The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a glass planter holding a pease lily right now but I want to plant something in it. I want something that will cover the substrate. Look nice. Not require to much work. And will be ok half way up the tank wall or even 1/4 the way up.

I dose pps pro. And inject co2. Also have a 6300k Dutch Bml with a 90* spread. 25g cube mr aqua tank.

Any ideas guys. Oh btw I don't want it to get taller that an inch. Less is even better

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I want a carpet plant. But I want it small. Like baby tears. But I don't want baby tears or glosso.

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Isn't ug the one that has the strands with pods and a carnivorous plant?

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
I'd suggest marselia for an individual planter like this, but if it's submerged, it usually stays small and is quite orderly and neat. If emersed...Instant jungle, but it's rather amusing how wild it likes to get. If you do the emersed, it looks fantastic planted with DHG and hydrocotyle 'japan'

·
Banned
4,901 Posts
I think your best bet is:
marsilea crenata (smaller then MM)

elatine hydropiper (mini glosso) would be nice but much more difficult to grow.

·
Super Moderator
15,266 Posts
There are several varieties of Utricularia.

UG is U. graminifolia. While carnivorous, that's only in the sense that it can consume critters that are super-tiny. A zillion times tinier than a baby shrimp, even. So it's as safe in a tank as any other plant.

Isn't ug the one that has the strands with pods and a carnivorous plant?

·
Carpe Diem
7,563 Posts
If the substrate in the planter is close to the surface, Rica is another possibility. But it does have an annoying habit of ending up everywhere.

v3

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I think I'll try some ug guys.

I definatly don't want glosso even mini glosso

1 - 12 of 12 Posts