The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13,083 Posts
I think this was my fault but I just noticed my 25 W led floodlights are sitting on matching cracks.
I’m curious if I can epoxy the two pieces back together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Did you make that lid? Reason I'm asking is that "clear" hinges aren't the usual on retail lids.
you could probably use silicone on it though replacement glass cut by a glass shop should only be around $15 or so.

I suppose thermal "shock" could have cracked it. It's never recommended to set it on the top w/out at least a little air gap.

Reactions: deeda

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did you make that lid? Reason I'm asking is that "clear" hinges aren't the usual on retail lids.

you could probably use silicone on it though replacement glass cut by a glass shop should only be around $15 or so.

I suppose thermal "shock" could have cracked it. It's never recommended to set it on the top w/out at least a little air gap.

The hinges are brown. That’s the back clear plastic piece. That’s a great point re: replacement pieces.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.