The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm setting up a shallow rimless tank and I was able to find a short outflow lily pipe, but I'm having a hard time finding a short glass intake pipe. I need one that's about 7 inches and I couldn't find any on ebay or amazon. Does anyone here know if those are available? The other option I was thinking about is just cutting the plastic tube that came with my sunsun filter.

TIA

·
Registered
60-P high tech, 45-P low tech
134 Posts
I got a short intake (for 12/16mm hoses) for my 45-P thinking I would want to do some super high hardscape and any length would get in the way. I never ended up going too high, but the inlet worked perfectly fine (image attached for size reference next to drop checker).

The key to finding them is searching with the word "nano". The nano ones tend to bend back inward when they the go into the tank so they sit close to the glass wall, so just be sure your aquarium glass thickness is thin enough to work with it.

Here is one that's is 5.9" max height. You may be able to find it without the outlet if you already have that.

I would also look up ADA's DOOA line. They should have some small specialty inlet for their shallow tanks, but those will be pricier.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got a short intake (for 12/16mm hoses) for my 45-P thinking I would want to do some super high hardscape and any length would get in the way. I never ended up going too high, but the inlet worked perfectly fine (image attached for size reference next to drop checker).

The key to finding them is searching with the word "nano". The nano ones tend to bend back inward when they the go into the tank so they sit close to the glass wall, so just be sure your aquarium glass thickness is thin enough to work with it.

Here is on that's is 5.9" max height. You may be able to find it without the outlet if you already have that.

I would also look up ADA's DOOA line. They should have some small specialty inlet for their shallow tanks, but those will be pricier.
Thanks for the information. I saw something similar but it was for a 10mm. I might order the ones you linked though.

Sent from my SM-G988U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts
Aliexpress, seller Pagdeal, has nano lily pipes of both 12mm and 16mm and in tank lengths for intake of 140mm and 180mm (5.5 inch and 7 inch) respectively.
Edit: the Amazon link is pretty much the pipes I was referring to just with the amazon convince mark up. $43 compare to about $16 and a month wait.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.