The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a project in mind to mount a Glass-Holes Super Nano Overflow kit on a 20 tall. The sump would be a 10 gallon with foam block. Also thinking I would loop some pump water back into a second 10 gallon sump to grow floaters and then siphon back into the 1st sump. My reason for the floater tank/sump would be to add fast growing plants to the system with easy maintenance. If the system works I have a 30 gallon rimless I would like to upgrade to. I have a nice Co2 rig or could just use Excel ( if too much Co2 loss.)
-Any feedback regarding Glass-Holes overflow?
-The second sump growing floaters? Two 10’s are cheap.
Any ideas comments appreciated.
Thanks

·
Registered
261 Posts
I have no knowledge of the Glass holes kit so i won't comment there.

My only question is why not just a get a 20 gallon tank to house both your foam block and floaters. This would be easier in my opinion than having two separate 10 gallons connected via a pump and a siphon. Yes, your second 10 gallon could be easier "maintenance" but setting up the pump and siphon would not be. What if the siphon fails? It is your tank so do as you please. But I like to keep things as simple as possible when it comes the money we spend and the fact we have gallons of water in our homes.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have no knowledge of the Glass holes kit so i won't comment there.

My only question is why not just a get a 20 gallon tank to house both your foam block and floaters. This would be easier in my opinion than having two separate 10 gallons connected via a pump and a siphon. Yes, your second 10 gallon could be easier "maintenance" but setting up the pump and siphon would not be. What if the siphon fails? It is your tank so do as you please. But I like to keep things as simple as possible when it comes the money we spend and the fact we have gallons of water in our homes.
I believe you are correct. And with a 20 long, if I set the 2" foam filter leaving 6" clear for the pump, I still have 22" x 12" of space for floaters which is greater than a 10 gal.
Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.