1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
9,774 Posts
I've used a set long time ago but I think the Lilys glass is better quality and thicker.

Craig

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
I really like my Cal-Aqua pipes from GLA. I've messed around with them quite a bit and I've finally stopped worrying that any small movement will break them, unlike some of the cheaper glassware I've owned. They just seem well-made.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
I have a pair of the ones you linked. They're actually pretty decent, thick glass. Haven't had a scare yet. There might be a slight defect or two that you won't see in the CalAqua and ADAs, but nothing worth nitpicking about.
How do you put these pipes into the hose and clamp them without breaking the glass? Since I dropped and broke a drop checker while cleaning, I've been weary of buying glass. Even 40 bucks would to much to spend if you are a clutz like me. ;)

I did buy another drop checker, just don't clean it in bathroom sink anymore.

·
Banned
5,009 Posts
Anyone have recommendations on glass filter pipes (ie, ADA)?
Several folks have recommended this style of lily pipes. They preferred this shape of intake without the "bulbed" end of the intake pipe that is in your link. The outflow pipe was preferred a little better than the one in your link.

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
that's kind of what I was wondering. I guess I would need the 13mm size, so it's a snug fit.
Also, I do have a glass diffuser (Rhinox) and while it's sturdy, I eventually broke it from removing/putting back the tubing when cleaning. I had it for well over a year before this happened...may have been close to 2 yrs.

My best method of getting it back on the glass w/o too much stress is by heating up the tubing so it's softer and a little more pliable. This seemed to work pretty well, but you need to be careful you don't start melting it, as the hole can close up and/or you get a goopy mess on your glassware that, once dry, can be even more difficult to remove.

·
Banned
5,009 Posts
While on this topic, 13mm lily pipes would be the size required for the 12/16mm Eheim tubing, right?
That's correct.

I like the look of them, but I'd have them broken in no time. :icon_lol:

These Eheim kits are better for me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts