The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My question is: to improve performance or co2 levels using a glass diffuser is it better to have low bps so the bubbles coming out of the diffuser are smaller and dissolve better? or would my co2 level will increase if I just increase bps even though bubbles are bigger and pretty much go straight to the surface?

Thanks

BTW I'm using a rhinox 5000 with about 4 bps and a power head above (almost at the surface) pushing those bubbles around the tank.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
I would reposition it height wise in the tank first to see if that helps it, you wanna try and keep it about half way up the tank. The deeper in the tank the more pressure there is forcing the bubble back together.

If you have the diffuser in the back of the tank try putting a sponge on the powerhead and then position it directly in the upstream path of the diffuser so it suckes up the bubbles. Doing so would have the powerhead chop up the bubbles and spread it throughout the tank.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.