The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
I dont know that they are actually "worth" the cost, but I have added 1 to my 180g. The only part I dont like, is being able to see the mist of bubbles. I did notice a better reaction in plant growth though.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I dont know that they are actually "worth" the cost, but I have added 1 to my 180g. The only part I dont like, is being able to see the mist of bubbles. I did notice a better reaction in plant growth though.
Did you use an external or internal reactor before for your comparison? I am also pondering the Rhinox over a home-made external reactor. I was thinking the reactor would work better, but I may be wrong.

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
Rhinox are okay. Just that, only okay.

I like glass CO2 diffusers more than external ones, only because I like to be aware of exactly what is going on in my tank, and they allow me to view it.

Tom says that plants respond better to a "mist" of CO2 rather than just CO2 enriched water. I haven't noticed a difference either way, I just prefer the glass ones. Cal Aqua Labs has an inline glass diffuser, it's pretty wild.

I would suggest getting an ADA diffuser. Cost is high, but they are worth it.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
I dunno. Call me thrifty. But, I've had decent luck with my Sweetwater diffuser (http://www.aquaticeco.com/index.cfm/fuseaction/product.detail/iid/9595). Grrr....the link doesn't seem to be working too well. Enter 'sweetwater diffuser' in the Search box and poke around. The ones I have are the white blocks with the dark connector on the end.

I purchased one of the Azoo ceramic diffusers, but decided I liked the increased surface area (and cost) of the Sweetwater diffusers. Heck, at the price, I could just pitch them every 3-6 months, rather than cleaning them :).

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
One warning though look out for the shipping charges.
Agreed! I actually live ~45 minutes for the shop/warehouse. I was feeling a bit busy one time, so I had some smaller items shipped. Needless to say, but I was somewhat disappointed when I realized the shipping 'upper'. Even with gas prices as they are, I likely could have saved $ driving over there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.