The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm setting up my CO2 system. Just ordered a couple of glass diffusers which are supposed to create very fine bubbles. After they arrived I tried blowing into the air line end of the diffuser and to my surprise it is so hard to get air through. Is this normal that this kind of diffuser requires pretty high pressure?

·
Registered
36 Posts
I just got a glass diffuser a couple days ago and noticed the same thing. They claim it works on DIY yeast bottle CO2 but it takes forever for mine to build up enough pressure. I didn't try blowing in it, but instead I hooked it up to an air pump to make sure it worked and it does but at a pretty high pressure. The bubbles are pretty cool though.

·
Banned
217 Posts
my experience is that they do work with DIY methods, you need more yeast tho for a steady stream of bubbles...and the other downside is by the time the yeast gets old (1-2 wks) and starts dying from alcohol poisoning...it cant generate enough pressure to force out the bubbles...

if youre gonne do the DIY method...youre better off with a CO2 ladder or a CO2 reactor both more effective and both relatively cheap ($10 or less on Ebay -from China of course <_< )

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.