The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've recently purchased a small glass diffuser, and was wondering if I'm supposed to fill it with water first, or just attach it straight to the Co2 line and place into my tank. The little spiral inside only goes part way up into the diffuser, so I was wondering if this was meant to act as a bubble counter or not.

·
Super Moderator
12,008 Posts
You can just attach it directly to your CO2 line and put it into your tank.

From your description, I would imagine that the spiral part ends prematurely to act as a bubble counter, of sorts.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Yep, just hook it up and yes it suppose to be kinda like a bubble counter. I have one and it's cool to watch.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yep, just hook it up and yes it suppose to be kinda like a bubble counter. I have one and it's cool to watch.
If it's supposed to be kinda like a bubble counter, then I would have to fill it with water first...right?

·
Super Moderator
12,008 Posts
If it's supposed to be kinda like a bubble counter, then I would have to fill it with water first...right?
I've found that the airspace in the diffuser eventually gets filled with water (i.e. water eventually makes its way past the diffusion disc and floods the area under it), so pre-filling it would not be necessary.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
I've found that the airspace in the diffuser eventually gets filled with water (i.e. water eventually makes its way past the diffusion disc and floods the area under it), so pre-filling it would not be necessary.
ditto

1 - 6 of 6 Posts