The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so im pretty sure im going to go with a GLA Choice CO2 Regulator cause Orlando has answered Lots of my questions and has a pretty cool video on how to set it up

does anyone have regulators from GLA? How do you like them? are there any problems? Does it have the "End of Tank Dump"? Do the needle valves float or do they stay set once dialed in?

Please add any more information that i forgot to add.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I have the choice CO2 regulator and as for the end of tank dump I would not know but, I had an Issue with something clogging the solenoid so I emailed Orlando and got a reply and got it fixed with in an hour, so GLA is in no way lacking in customer service. The needle vales don't float
they are a great company over all and I highly recommend them

·
Registered
208 Posts
I'm using with the choice setup as well. Yes you can find all of the pieces and build it yourself but the help Orlando has given is well worth the extra cost in my opinion! Only regret was not getting a bigger CO2 bottle.
Running 125G tank and have had the unit over a year now.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
so far GLA seems like the best company
cause if i bought a regulator used from ebay and a Sumo post body setup i would be spending almost as much as one of the higher end GLA regulator setups

·
Registered
273 Posts
Yeah don't go with the Sumo post body kit. If you aren't gonna bargain hunt and build the thing yourself (I did, and ALMOST regret it) then you should hit up Orlando. Rex grigg @ bestaquariumregulator.com has a decently priced regulator setup if you upgrade to the the Fabco NV-55 needle valve, but his services are nowhere close to what Orlando can provide - he just has a lot going on.

·
Registered
92 Posts
GLA Regulator

I don't have a GLA setup, but I do have 2 Cornelius regulators with Fabco needle valves and I can say they never need tweeking once you have them set at the desired pressure and bubble rate. They've been in use about 2 years each and I haven't had one problem with them. Good quality and a reasonable price.

·
Super Moderator
12,118 Posts
I am biased, in that I would prefer to build my own regulator build, but I think the Cornelius body is fine.

If anything, I would rather upgrade to the Fabco NV55 or even the Ideal metering valve.

·
Registered
376 Posts
I'll toss another vote behind Orlando, GLA and the choice regulator. I had a custom choice reg. built with 4 bubble counter/needle valve/lines including one remote. System works perfectly, the valves don't wander, the remote is great. Never let my 10lb. tank get low enough to have an EOTD, so don't know if it's possible or not.
I've yet to find another vendor with the level of service Orlando provides, and that alone is worth buying from him IMO.

·
Super Moderator
12,118 Posts
Are any of GLAs regulators dual stage?
I believe they all are dual stage, but I could be wrong?
Actually, I am pretty sure all the regulators on GLA are now single stage. There used to be a Victor dual stage regulator, but I don't seem to see it on the website anymore.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.