The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve been having inconsistent co2 with this regulator. I set the working pressure to about 10-15 and tune the needle valve but after 30mins- an hour my working pressure is lowers until completely shutting down. I know there’s a leak because my co2 tank is empty after 2 days. I replaced washer and o-rings but still leak.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
After failing to find the leak I gave up for about a week then I decided to inspect it around the regulator stem and found it to be loose. I contacted GLA to see if this was normal that the stem just unscrews from the regulator. They replied saying it was u heard of for the stem to unscrew off the reg and that I needed to clean the threads and apply loctite red threadlocker. So let’s hope this works because I really need to get my co2 up and running.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Did you do a leak test by adding soap and water on the fittings to see if it blows bubbles?
I did a leak test on the regulator to tank and from regulator to diffuser but found nothing. I replaced all seals as well and still a leak. I never thought of spraying the stem of the regulator because I didn’t want to damage it and since it’s a fairly new reg I didn’t suspect it would be coming from the stem I actually thought it was a faulty pressure valve.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts