The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

My mr aqua 12 gallon long should be arriving within the next week if everything goes according to plan.

I haven't decided 100% if i want to do co2 yet, but i'm leaning towards it.

currently, this is my set up:
mr aqua 12 gallon long
current sat + LED
eheim 2213

My understanding is that the SAT+ can pretty much grow anything (on this tank) because of the shallow depth which means i'll more likely than not need co2 at some point.

Now to my main question, what is the better option for me? The GLA inline diffuser or the in-tank GLA atomic diffuser? Is this really down to personal preference or am I going to see a big difference in growth with one over the other?

any tips and comments are appreciated!

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
I have used both and I prefer the inline. It seems that the bubbles are already starting to dissolve by time they reach my tank. The in-tank will provide more visible fine bubbles and on a smaller tank you may not like. They also need to be placed closed to water movement.

Any chance you could build a reactor? The Mr Aqua tanks are beautiful tanks and all the bubbles in the tank will detract from the clean look they have.

·
Registered
428 Posts
I switched to the gla inlines after using the ada style diffusers. I will likely never use anything but the inlines. Inlines just distribute the mist so much better than the atomics, discs, etc. I guess this only thing better might be a reacotr, but I've never used one so I can't comment on that.

·
Registered
361 Posts
I agree with the above comments and suggest you go with an inline diffuser or build a reactor. I am currently using the in tank atomic diffuser and I love it, but if I were using a canister filter on that tank I would definately be using an out of tank option. Less equipment in your tank is better, IMO.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have used both and I prefer the inline. It seems that the bubbles are already starting to dissolve by time they reach my tank. The in-tank will provide more visible fine bubbles and on a smaller tank you may not like. They also need to be placed closed to water movement.

Any chance you could build a reactor? The Mr Aqua tanks are beautiful tanks and all the bubbles in the tank will detract from the clean look they have.
I switched to the gla inlines after using the ada style diffusers. I will likely never use anything but the inlines. Inlines just distribute the mist so much better than the atomics, discs, etc. I guess this only thing better might be a reacotr, but I've never used one so I can't comment on that.
I agree with the above comments and suggest you go with an inline diffuser or build a reactor. I am currently using the in tank atomic diffuser and I love it, but if I were using a canister filter on that tank I would definately be using an out of tank option. Less equipment in your tank is better, IMO.
the inline is what i was leaning towards. eventually i'd like to fork out the cash for lily pipes so i am definitely going for less equipment in tank. i just wasn't sure if there were any unknown advantages with the atomic diffuser.

reactors are still new to me, i do not know much about building them but it's something i was contemplating looking into if the co2 bubbles in tank bothered me, especially once i pick up the lily pipes.

with the inlines...i'm assuming the 8/12mm, 12/16mm, 16/22mm measurements are refering to the tube size of the filters?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.