The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was using a ista max mix reactor for my 20 long but iwasnt too pleased with it and it ended up leaking from the bottom. iapplied Teflon tape but no luck. So im back with my old in tank diffuser. which is good but iwant an external diffuser.

im thinking of gla's inline diffuser. what is your experience with this diffuser and how effective is it on your tank? any bubbles or micro bubbles of any sort?

thanks!

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
I use the biggest inline one they make. There are tons of micro-bubbles. I know that it means they can go right out the tank, but many travel throughout the tank and dissipate. My filter output is right by a powerhead on my 125g. Very effective. Some use on the input side and use their canister as a reactor to further dissipate the bubbles.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I use the biggest inline one they make. There are tons of micro-bubbles. I know that it means they can go right out the tank, but many travel throughout the tank and dissipate. My filter output is right by a powerhead on my 125g. Very effective. Some use on the input side and use their canister as a reactor to further dissipate the bubbles.
yeah ive seen a vid on youtube of them using an inline diffuser and they had a lot of micro bubble. could it be that he possibly had his diffuser to close to the top of the tank?

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There isn't much difference other than price, between their version and the evilbay version that goes for $24 with free shipping.
ive seen them on ebay before. there the up aqua brand right?

so in essence, there the same product? lol

·
Registered
327 Posts
I have my GLA on my outpipe, TONS of teh bubblez... I do have to turned up p hi atm (6bubs a sec) to try and combat some algae, but here is a good shot of it purring. Probably could use it on the inline or with a reactor if you dont want as many bubs.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have my GLA on my outpipe, TONS of teh bubblez... I do have to turned up p hi atm (6bubs a sec) to try and combat some algae, but here is a good shot of it purring. Probably could use it on the inline or with a reactor if you dont want as many bubs.

wow thats a lot of bubbles lol

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well with the inline diffuser, could iget a good enough percentage of co2 dissolved in the tank with on the outflow part of my canister filter?

·
Registered
115 Posts
I am a true believer of the UpAqua inline diffuser. A good bleach treatment every year and they are good to go. I found that the the tightening ring corrodes if CO2 tubing is not used. I have several that have been running for 3 years now. I go with a much lower bubble count using these.

JMHO.

Stuart

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I am a true believer of the UpAqua inline diffuser. A good bleach treatment every year and they are good to go. I found that the the tightening ring corrodes if CO2 tubing is not used. I have several that have been running for 3 years now. I go with a much lower bubble count using these.

JMHO.

Stuart
do you get a lot of micro bubbles in your tank?

·
Registered
115 Posts
I do get a bit. I am also a firm believer in over filtering via Eheim canisters for sufficient circulation. Currently I have a 27 gallon filtered by an Eheim 2217 and a 15 gallon filtered by an Eheim 2213 and an Aquaclear 50 HOB. On both tanks, I run a little over 1 BBS and get good CO2 saturation sufficient for excellent plant growth (while not gassing the fauna).

Best regards,

Stuart

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I do get a bit. I am also a firm believer in over filtering via Eheim canisters for sufficient circulation. Currently I have a 27 gallon filtered by an Eheim 2217 and a 15 gallon filtered by an Eheim 2213 and an Aquaclear 50 HOB. On both tanks, I run a little over 1 BBS and get good CO2 saturation sufficient for excellent plant growth (while not gassing the fauna).

Best regards,

Stuart
thanks imight just make purchase later tomorrow lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts