The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ijust got my inline diffuser from GLA the other day and ijust set it up today.

a question that ihave is : is the chamber suppose to be filled with water?
inoticed that there is some water in there but not all the way filled. the flow still seems to be normal

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you search you will find that it is normal for the chamber to fill with water when the co2 off.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk
well actually the co2 is off and its not fully filled with water. is that normal?

·
Registered
509 Posts
thanks everyone ithiught ihad gotten a bad proudct Lol ill see how it works today

also, how do imake sure that the co2 is diffusing? my light are currently off, will turn in 15 min. but wouldbisee bubbles coming from spray bar?

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
You should see very fine, almost a mist of bubbles. Takes a minute or two to start kicking out the tiny bubbles. Mine almost look like smoke coming out of the return. When the bubbles start getting larger, this is an indication that you need to remove it and soak it in bleach for about 30min.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks idid thorough look at kind see very small tiny bubbles. iadmit, that ilike the inline diffuser. idont see any bubbles really at all compared to a ceramic diffuser

·
Registered
100 Posts
I don't have an inline GLA diffuser, but I got the one from [Ebay Link Removed] A good indication that it's working for me is it starts making this soft air whistling sound, like air is leaking. You should be able to see a good amount of bubbles

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yeah iwas looking at the tank closely and you can see a large amount of micro bubbles. my blyxa seems to really like it cuz it pearls all day lol im really liking it so far

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
I don't have an inline GLA diffuser, but I got the one from [Ebay Link Removed] A good indication that it's working for me is it starts making this soft air whistling sound, like air is leaking. You should be able to see a good amount of bubbles
What? There should be no sound. If it sounds like air leaking, maybe that is what you have?

·
Registered
492 Posts
I suspect the amount of water soaking back through the in-line diffuser depends on the water pressure (and the amount of time it has to fill) which itself depends on the position of the diffuser relative to the surface of the water. Mine is close to the surface and so dosen't fill with water.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I suspect the amount of water soaking back through the in-line diffuser depends on the water pressure (and the amount of time it has to fill) which itself depends on the position of the diffuser relative to the surface of the water. Mine is close to the surface and so dosen't fill with water.
mines is pretty much on the bottom where my canister filter is at and ijust get a tad of water in it. but its not completely full but so far iam satisfied with and inoticed my drop checker turns green a lot faster now. turns green by the time the lights come on

·
Registered
327 Posts
Mine fills with water all each night, it is normal. Also takes like 1.5hrs for the CO2 to push it back at 6bubs a second, so keep in mind when setting your timers

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Mine fills with water all each night, it is normal. Also takes like 1.5hrs for the CO2 to push it back at 6bubs a second, so keep in mind when setting your timers
icurrently have mine at 2bps and comes on at 7:30 and the lights come on at 9:00. but when the lights are on isee there are small bubbles already free floating in the tank. am I okay so far?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts