The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some questions about the new storage jars.

What are they made out of?
What kind of seal keeps them moisture tight?
How many pounds of fertilizer can each jar hold?
Fertilizer Dispensers are available separately, can we buy the Fert Jars separately?

I bought a PPS-Pro fert package about a year ago before GLA offered these jars. I ended up heading to Ikea and bought 5 KORKEN glass jars to store my ferts. Just wondering if there is anything special about these GLA jars that would make them better than my current containers. I am happy with my current storage options. Hopefully the answers to these questions will help other hobbyists.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have both the jars and the bags, and the bags are much easier to use. With the bags, i can use a little measuring spoon and scrape the top smooth against the bag, whereas with the jars i have to use my hand to even out the scoop.

Also with the bags, i can carry all 3 or 4 bags to the tank easily, dose them, and carry them all back. With the jars, hopefully they are stored within arms reach of the tank cus hard to carry 4 at once.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.