The Planted Tank Forum banner

GLA 60L Crystal Red Shrimp Tank

52K views 449 replies 70 participants last post by  chris.rivera3 
#1 · (Edited)
I'm back in the nano freshwater world - at least for summer. Ive been wanting to keep shrimp again but my water is terrible for invertz. But since its summer time in Florida that means theres free water falling from the sky :) pH 6.2.

Hardware-
20W cfl
zoo med 501
some eco/black sand

Software-
anubias nana
needle leaf java fern
taiwan moss
hygro angustifolia

here it is. a bit cloudy, but i just planted it.

See less See more
#4 ·
thanks! no idea :icon_roll i'll probably start out and see if i can keep neos alive and maybe think about getting some crs or something.

i know a source for some nice Sulawesi shrimp--different stuff. might you be interested in those at all?

i want a shrimp tank someday. my list of "wanted tanks" never stops growing.
thanks but my pH is 6.2, and i know sulawesis like basic water.

lol yeah ive always dreamed of a crs tank full of $50 shrimp :flick:

#16 ·
we'll be interested to hear when you start narrowing down stocking choices.

i'm surprised to see that planetinvertz.com is still in operation. i thought that they had gone under.

yeah those Sulawesi shrimp are really something when you see them in person too.

i have been collecting rainwater for a few years and using it in combination with dehumidifer water where i need softer water. rainwater is great, but it has recently proven to be inadequate, so i recently invested in an RO unit.

#19 ·
bettas are cool n all, but i just find the FW world so drab :help: lol and i needed to find this guy a home. ive had him for a while and he didnt work out in the 75 (killed two angels :confused1: ) so i had to make up something tiny for him. i was gonna get shrimp but the money i made on the UV i put towards frags :hihi:

#26 ·
you guys are both wrong, the betta was mutated through a series of steroids OD's. its a 56 gallon. jk its a 5.5 :)

i think im gonna get some wild type bettas. i love bettas but hate having one fish so maybe some betta coccina would enjoy my acid rainwater.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.