The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 20 of 450 Posts

·
Anti iwagumi
4,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm back in the nano freshwater world - at least for summer. Ive been wanting to keep shrimp again but my water is terrible for invertz. But since its summer time in Florida that means theres free water falling from the sky :) pH 6.2.

Hardware-
20W cfl
zoo med 501
some eco/black sand

Software-
anubias nana
needle leaf java fern
taiwan moss
hygro angustifolia

here it is. a bit cloudy, but i just planted it.

·
Registered
9,750 Posts
i know a source for some nice Sulawesi shrimp--different stuff. might you be interested in those at all?

i want a shrimp tank someday. my list of "wanted tanks" never stops growing.

·
Anti iwagumi
4,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's a great start. What kind of shrimp are you planning on putting in there?
thanks! no idea :icon_roll i'll probably start out and see if i can keep neos alive and maybe think about getting some crs or something.

i know a source for some nice Sulawesi shrimp--different stuff. might you be interested in those at all?

i want a shrimp tank someday. my list of "wanted tanks" never stops growing.
thanks but my pH is 6.2, and i know sulawesis like basic water.

lol yeah ive always dreamed of a crs tank full of $50 shrimp :flick:

·
Anti iwagumi
4,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ehh ive heard stories about planetinvertz. id rather deal with another hobbyist instead

·
Registered
9,750 Posts
we'll be interested to hear when you start narrowing down stocking choices.

i'm surprised to see that planetinvertz.com is still in operation. i thought that they had gone under.

yeah those Sulawesi shrimp are really something when you see them in person too.

i have been collecting rainwater for a few years and using it in combination with dehumidifer water where i need softer water. rainwater is great, but it has recently proven to be inadequate, so i recently invested in an RO unit.

·
Anti iwagumi
4,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
hmm i might just keep it a betta tank. all my money is lost into my reef :p and my betta kills everything in sight so i cant get any more fish. poooo.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
You should have gotten betta embellis they're worth the higher price tag for not killing everything in sight.
Nice tank though, one of those that will only improve with age.

·
Anti iwagumi
4,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
bettas are cool n all, but i just find the FW world so drab :help: lol and i needed to find this guy a home. ive had him for a while and he didnt work out in the 75 (killed two angels :confused1: ) so i had to make up something tiny for him. i was gonna get shrimp but the money i made on the UV i put towards frags :hihi:

1 - 20 of 450 Posts