The Planted Tank Forum banner
61 - 80 of 471 Posts

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
Alright! Thanks for the suggestion. I haven't seen photos of the tank on the stand, am I missing something?
Nope. Haven't quite gotten that far yet is all. I need to figure out how I'm going to knock down my 90p. I think I need to just get a bunch of buckets to empty all the plants, soil and fish into for holding. Move the 90p to a temporary location. Set it backup and place everything back in that I plan on keeping. Then wont have to rush so I can properly setup the 120p in its place.

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Ah, make sense now. I'm glad I was able to set up my new tank in a different location and move everything after. Putting it in the same location would definitely pose some issues. I think you have the best plan right there though, moving it to buckets and setting it back up in a new home. That does make for a long day though.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
So the build is finished and just need to tweak a few things now:

Leak Testing

Hardscape - No.1

Partially planted - more plants should arrive Thursday and then in goes the sand.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
You should try ohko stones. The driftwood in the middle looks out of place.

-Alan

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #74 ·
Wow. Inspiring layout! Is that regular old jungle val in the back?
Thanks. Its a good start and will change quite a bit still. That is Cyperus helferi. I had them from my last aquascape. They started as tissue cultures and have been growing out for about 9 months in my last aquascape.

Bump:
Speaking of the stones, where did you pick those up?
The stones came from an ebay shop.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #77 ·
Love the rock work!

Really amazing. Reminds me of the Creation of Adam painting on the Sistine Chapel
That is so funny...I had the same thought about the two rocks.

Bump:
I like the stones but I agree with Alan, that wood kills the negative space there
Thanks for the input. I agree something is off there as well and am still working it.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Nice scape and nice stand! How thick is the plywood on top? I'm asking because I built a stand similar in a way, but when I put my tank on top it didn't sit flush against the plywood. So I was just curious about yours. Did you have to plane the plywood or anything?

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #79 ·
Nice scape and nice stand! How thick is the plywood on top? I'm asking because I built a stand similar in a way, but when I put my tank on top it didn't sit flush against the plywood. So I was just curious about yours. Did you have to plane the plywood or anything?
The wood is poplar and is 1.5" thick slab that I had built at the lumber yard for this project. I made it so thick to match the wall shelving unit in my office.

61 - 80 of 471 Posts