The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a newb... These lights were given to me yesterday- I have four sets 3' long. They have these numbers listed on the strip

990x12x1 DWM
72 LED - 5630 WE
GHP1H8128

They look handmade and seem older. I googled and I do not know enough yet on lighting. I am going to set up a 225 gallon planted Ram/Angel tank. Any help is appreciated!!

·
Registered
12,691 Posts
I am a newb... These lights were given to me yesterday- I have four sets 3' long. They have these numbers listed on the strip

990x12x1 DWM
72 LED - 5630 WE
GHP1H8128

They look handmade and seem older. I googled and I do not know enough yet on lighting. I am going to set up a 225 gallon planted Ram/Angel tank. Any help is appreciated!!
not much to go one really..
5630 is the led dimensions in mm and you have 72 on the orig strip

Translating the rest 39" long strip x .47" x 1mm thick.

Generally 5630's are 1/2 watt "class" diodes.
I'dd guess yours are warm white.

Like so.

Will work fine. suggest a dimmer or timer or controller for them.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
not much to go one really..
5630 is the led dimensions in mm and you have 72 on the orig strip

Translating the rest 39" long strip x .47" x 1mm thick.

Generally 5630's are 1/2 watt "class" diodes.
I'dd guess yours are warm white.

Like so.

Will work fine. suggest a dimmer or timer or controller for them.
Thank you for your help! I did forget to mention that this tank is 30" deep - These lights have two strips per hood. 4 hoods. So these would be good for low - medium plants? Or do I purchase better lights and pass these on. I am planning a pretty dense planted tank.

·
Registered
12,691 Posts
Thank you for your help! I did forget to mention that this tank is 30" deep - These lights have two strips per hood. 4 hoods. So these would be good for low - medium plants? Or do I purchase better lights and pass these on. I am planning a pretty dense planted tank.
Best estimate is 112 Watts... Not much for a 225 gal 30" deep tank..
Doubt if you will get more than low light out of it.

Between that and the wide angle spread, though I suspect they are in some sort of "gutter" type "hood", it's not ideal.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts