The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my 20g has been up and running for a month now it has two boesmani rainbows two cories and three amano shrimp, i have banana plants java ferns and two uknowns i have al of them on one side of the tank to create sort of a looming affect and would like a carpet plant on the other side around my rainbow rock what are you suggestions my substrate isnt that great and i do not have ferts. also what fihs do you suggest i know i am getting two more cories and then a i want a school of like eight fihs what do you suggest?

thankyou, Fishman333

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
Hmm no ferts/co2 makes it hard to find a carpeting plant.. I've seen people use UG to make a carpet in lowlight conditions.. Maybe s. Repens or HC would work.. They'll most likely need ferts but you may be able to get by without them or just use root tabs. I would suggest getting atleast 4-6 cory's minimum of the same species, the more there are the more they shoal and behave more naturally, not as shy. If you really want a shoal of mid/top swimmers though I'd go with cardinal tetras or harlequin rasboras or something along those lines.. Maybe cpd's.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.