The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my LFS placed a special order for “giant betta” for me like 2 weeks ago and I was finally able to get one. I picked it up yesterday and he’s a beautiful boy but I was trying to search online for what type of “giant” he is and I came across king bettas. So when I searched king bettas they looked very much alike to the one I got. Now I’m second thinking if I was sold a king instead of a giant. My LFS don’t sell giants but are able to place special orders for customers. So that’s what I did when their stock came in they were sent the “giant”. Can anyone tell me if this is a giant or a king??

Attachments

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
Honestly looks like a king to me, but tbh I don't really understand the difference anyway, people are very elusive in their answers as to what the difference is, as such I've avoided the label of "giant betta". I've had kings on a few occasions but for my purposes they didn't really fit in well (smaller heated walstads to start and "breeding" later on). One thing I've noticed about kings- they seem a lot more mellow than their smaller less wild type counterparts. He certainly is a good looking betta!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Honestly looks like a king to me, but tbh I don't really understand the difference anyway, people are very elusive in their answers as to what the difference is, as such I've avoided the label of "giant betta". I've had kings on a few occasions but for my purposes they didn't really fit in well (smaller heated walstads to start and "breeding" later on). One thing I've noticed about kings- they seem a lot more mellow than their smaller less wild type counterparts. He certainly is a good looking betta!!
Thank you!!! :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.