The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 20 gallon tank TALL, and I’m going to put a giant betta in it. Could I put some neon tetras in it as well? If so, how many? And I like the julli and panda Cory. Would I be able to throw 1 of each in there and like 10 tetras?

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
If all depends on the betta. If he thinks his tank mates are cool, it will work... Not saying it's going to happen but be prepared to cycle through a few betta before you find the right one. I'd go for ember tetra or something similar and make sure you're heavily planted. The only tank mates that I've been able to keep with some of the betta I've had have been snails. Good luck!!

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Heads up: corys should be put in schools/shoals, and not kept as just 1 or 2 fish. You're looking at 6 fish minimum of any schooling/shoaling species ( I highly recommend keeping 8 or more though).

I assume by a 20 tall, you mean a 20H (24x12x16 inches)? Go for the betta, and a school of panda corydoras (they're smaller than julii). See how that feels, and then add fish as necessary.

By that, I mean: 1 giant betta, 6-8 panda corydoras.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts