The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered some HC and HM recently. I was accidentally given this "Giant Baby Tears" instead of the HM. Does anybody have experience with this plant? Is it any good or should i throw it out?

·
Registered
567 Posts
I wouldn't throw it out. If you don't like it, you might be able to give/sell it to someone on here.

I have never had it before, but I'm sure lots of people on here have. Tell us about the tank you're planning to put it in, and maybe someone can comment on how it should grow for you. What size tank, what kind of light, fertilizer, CO2, etc.

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
yeah if you give it the right conditions it will grow like a weed. its a pretty good plant but the stem is really thin so sometimes the tops will break away and float all over the tank. it has a nice yellowish green color to it so it goes great next to reddish plants

·
Registered
206 Posts
MU functions well as a midground plant but I've seen it best used to flavor up carpets. Definitely don't throw away, take a peek at some of Amano's books to see how it is utilized properly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.