The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi everyone,
I currently have a 5 gallon planted tank with a 3.5 year old female betta Cinnamon. The plant life includes anubias nana petite (2). anubias barteri (1), Bacopa carolinia (2 bunches), Water sprite (2 bunches), 6-8 oz of java moss, some floating salvina, rosette sword (2), Java fern (1), marimo moss ball (3), and some dwarf hairgrass. I have good cover with dragon okho, slate, manzanita branches and dried Indian almond leaves. Would this be sufficent for 3-4 ghost shrimp with by betta, she has poor eye sight and can not hunt, I am more worried about the shrimp being aggresive. I am unsure since I have heard the stories if aggresive ghost shrimp, no not macro shrimp, ghost shrimp.
Water parameters:
Kh:7
Gh:4
Ph:6.8
Ammonia:0
Nitrite:0
Nitrate:0
Temp:78

·
Registered
2 ten gal shrimp tanks, one CRS only, one BDS only, 4 Betta tanks 5 gal, one mixed nano 10 gal
4 Posts
Ghost shrimp will never be aggressive to your Betta. Some Betta fish are only curious about the shrimp and some will hunt them down and consume them. I would recommend cholla wood for the shrimp to hide in. Try one shrimp and see how it goes.

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
Yea, gotta agree, it's the betta attacking the shrimp I'd be afraid of. Usually betta will make quick snacks of shrimp. Some are okay but if you're going to give it a shot expect to lose shrimp here and there due to a betta hissy fit.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.