The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
5,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have any of you guys seen this movie? I saw it tonight and I really enjoyed it. It has Peter Fonda, Sam Elliot, Nicholas Cage and Eva Mendes in it. The guy that plays Blackheart looks alot like Jeff Gordon to me.

Here's some clips and trailers: Ghost Rider - PSP - Clips

The official site: Ghost Rider - Official Site

The Australian Band Spiderbait did the song "(Ghost) Riders in the Sky." It is a terrific version of this song. You can hear it at the end of the movie when they are showing the credits.

Here's Spiderbait's version of "Black Betty." You can see what they look like. YouTube - Spiderbait - Black Betty

·
Registered
888 Posts
How I envy you.:mad: I have yet to watch it. Maybe Saturday?:hihi: Next thing, here comes Pirates of the Caribbean 3, Spiderman 3, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix and Resident Evil: Extinction...lol A busy movie-watching year it is.:hihi:

·
Registered
898 Posts
I just got back from watching it. A lot better than I though it would be. They did a great job with ghost riders CGI.

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Good movie. My dad and I both enjoyed it. The special effects were pretty good. It was certainly better than I expected.

The actual ghost rider was amazing looking. A flaming skeleton on a "bike from hell"? What could be better?

·
PT Biologist
3,220 Posts
It was ok, fun, exciting in places, another comic book brought to the big screen. One thing that was so obvious that my wife felt the need to mention it to me was that Eva's wardrobe assistant did not seem to understand buttons. She (my wife) chalked it up to being a comic book adaption.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
I'm really glad to hear that.
The reviews in the paper were not good.
It's a must-see 'right away'!!
Mark
Personally, I don't pay any attention to reviews in the "normal" media of fantasy/SF/comic genre movies. In my experience most of the reviewers don't really care for the genre and go in with a pre-conceived unconscious desire to dislike the movie they're reviewing.

I'm usually very good at predicting how well a movie is going to do. I must say I was astounded at the box office for Ghost Rider in its opening weekend (granted it was a long holiday weekend, but still ---.) If Sunday morning isn't too nasty (expecting severe weather here) we'll probably go to see it then.

·
Registered
562 Posts
It was an awesome concept, but I thought they really needed to work on lines and acting. The demons to me sounded like highschool drama kids, and I kept really really wanting mephistopheles to be Jack Nickelson... And I really really wanted the fights with the demons to be more than what they were. I really liked the cowboy/caretaker, though. He had great lines and seemed to be living what he was supposed to be portraying. He was awesome, and I have no idea who played him. :) That's my take on it.

Oh, and he had an AWESOME motorcycle.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Honestly i found it boring, same old, same old story line.

Highlight being eva mendez.

I am hoping that the Rise of the Silver Surfer later in the year is good.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Interesting bit of trivia about the Silver Surfer that I ran across the other night. The fellow playing the role is the same actor that played Abe Sapien in Hellboy.

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
The caretaker was played by Sam Elliott. He was also in The movie "Tombstone" and a myriad of others. He's a good actor.
I can't wait for the Silver Surfer movie either -- looks cool. I can't say the same for the Transformers movie though. I hope I'm wrong.

It was an awesome concept, but I thought they really needed to work on lines and acting. The demons to me sounded like highschool drama kids, and I kept really really wanting mephistopheles to be Jack Nickelson... And I really really wanted the fights with the demons to be more than what they were. I really liked the cowboy/caretaker, though. He had great lines and seemed to be living what he was supposed to be portraying. He was awesome, and I have no idea who played him. :) That's my take on it.

Oh, and he had an AWESOME motorcycle.

·
Premium Member
13,533 Posts
As a whole it was entertaining but I felt it was lacking in anything but excitement. I like movies that draw me in and keep me interested throughout. I was constantly losing interest and kept thinking about other things. I am generally a fan of Comic Book movies but was disappointed with Ghost Rider.

Eva Mendez is always a nice bonus and Nicholas Cage was pretty good but some of the lines were just over the top cheesy.

·
Registered
676 Posts
How I envy you.:mad: I have yet to watch it. Maybe Saturday?:hihi: Next thing, here comes Pirates of the Caribbean 3, Spiderman 3, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix and Resident Evil: Extinction...lol A busy movie-watching year it is.:hihi:
Whats this? Another Resident Evil movie?

I've never been so appauled with a film adaptation than I was with the first two resident evil movies.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
I liked the Ghost Rider movie but wish the demon battles were better than they were. They were way too short.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts