The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i cant get none of my GH test to do what there meant to go from orange to green ( ...?...) up to 60 drops still yellow 3 different bottles 6 different waters ... am i doing it wrong or do i not understand the test ?

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Your test is a dud.

I can literally get none of API's pH tests to work for me. It always says "7.6" no matter what I test it on.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Your test is a dud.

I can literally get none of API's pH tests to work for me. It always says "7.6" no matter what I test it on.
thats weird .. thats the ones ive used for years and years never had a problom do you have some distilled water and spring water around ?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
and i used 3 different test solutions and 5-6 different types of water and cant get my GH to work is my deal

·
Registered
866 Posts
API test kit is garbage, I had the same problem. Bought a Hagen/Nutrafin kh/gh test kit and it worked like a charm.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
I tested tank water, tap water, distilled water, and water with vinegar in it. Six different boxes. Every single last test came up with the same dark blue.

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
Did you shake the water before each drop? I use the Tetra brand gH/kH kit, and with their's you have to shake the water to mix it in with each drop. With tthe API one you might have to cap it and invert it a few times before each drop.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Did you shake the water before each drop? I use the Tetra brand gH/kH kit, and with their's you have to shake the water to mix it in with each drop. With tthe API one you might have to cap it and invert it a few times before each drop.
yeah .. inverted , shook cussed at it nothing with all 3 different tests ... and all different waters nothing im in the city so ...?

·
Registered
21,012 Posts
yeah .. inverted , shook cussed at it nothing with all 3 different tests ... and all different waters nothing im in the city so ...?
I ran into the same problem with API and one other GH test kit. I didn't find that cussing made either of them work, but perhaps my diction wasn't good enough.

I bought a 3rd test kit - Tetra, as I recall - and it did work. I solved the problem totally by never again testing GH.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts