The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I have the API Gh / KH kit, and I see other people that have Crystal Red Shrimp say that they want a GH of 4 - 8, and a KH of 04 for CRS.

I don't know how you are getting this reading or GH 4 - 8? Is that the number of drops to achieve the color?

Same with KH, is the number of drops I use to achieve the right color in the test what I am looking for.

The test shows It took 6 drops to turn from orange to Green on GH
and 3 drops to go from blue to yellow on KH test.

Is my Gh / KH alright then for CRS?

Because I don't understand how or what you are reading to get the range you are talking. There is no 4-8 range or 0 - 3 range on the test except the number of drops.

Then it says, if my GH took 6 drops, my ppm GH /KH is 107.4
if my KH took 3 drops, my ppm GH /KH is 53.7

Either way I have no idea if I have the right water conditions for CRS when it comes to GH / KH or where or what you are reading to get this 4 - 8 and 0 3 readings?

·
Premium Member
1,172 Posts
You need GH 4-6 for CRS. So 4-6 drops till you get green color from yellow-orange.
You need less than 1KH -You have to have yellow color with first drop of KH test.
Because your water shows higher amount of GH/KH you need to add some RO water to your tank.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is the drop that you count, the total number of drops, or is it,
only the number of drop from one color to the next.

So, if it takes 2 drops to get to the first color of orange, and it took 4 drops to get the color from orange to green. Do I count that as 6, or as 4?

Thanks for the help!

·
Premium Member
1,172 Posts
You count drops till color turns green. Usually even with 1st drop color is light orange but maybe you can't see it. I can't see it either. I'm asking my wife to tell me is it orange from the beginning. In your case you have 6 drops= 6 GH

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.