The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
a friend of mine is needing to raise her gh for neo's its at 2. should she raise it all at once or do it slowly over time? and if over time how long between doses and how much each time should she raise it?

·
Premium Member
6,607 Posts
Neos are pretty hardy. I've raised gh like that in one water change without problems, however if you wanted to be on the safe side- a gh of +2 each water change would be fine. IMHO aim for a gh of 6+ with neos.

·
Registered
597 Posts
I have lowered GH quickly with Neos and lost many,.. I dropped it from 14 to 10 or so in a water change.

I would err on the side of caution and go slow. If you did want to make a dramatic change I would at least drip the new higher GH water in so it gives them an hour to get used to the change rather than doing it all at once.

Whiskey

·
Registered
274 Posts
Good info to know about raising as I have only lowered before. I dropped 4 pts over 12 days with my mischlings, and everyone was fine - even ended up with berried females. I was always curious if going one way or the other was easier on them or not. Such a cool forum to learn!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts