The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,310 Posts
I am more concerned about 4 clown loaches in a 55 gallon tank, as well as the sharks, who will all outgrow this system very quickly. Do you have plans for a larger tank? I don't know of any shrimp that will mix with these fish.

·
Registered
926 Posts
I am more concerned about 4 clown loaches in a 55 gallon tank, as well as the sharks, who will all outgrow this system very quickly. Do you have plans for a larger tank? I don't know of any shrimp that will mix with these fish.
+1 on Carole's answer

·
Registered
5,310 Posts
I would venture a guess that your concern, or feeling of need to clean the bottom of the tank stems from the fact that these fish are big eaters, thus big eliminators. Clown loaches need pristine conditions to do well.
Another reason to have a really big tank, with extra filtration.
How often do you do water changes, and how do you do it? Do you just take water from the tank and replace it, or really get in there with a hose and get the detritus up off the bottom? What kind of substrate does the tank have?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for replies

Thought the cherry shrimp was like a pet but there for eating

I will get underwater gravel filter instead

I will be updating tank getting a 8foot or six foot this month

·
Registered
5,310 Posts
Thanks for replies

Thought the cherry shrimp was like a pet but there for eating

I will get underwater gravel filter instead

I will be updating tank getting a 8foot or six foot this month
An undergravel filter is a really bad idea. That is great you will be getting a larger tank. I would recommend either a couple large canisters, or make a sump into a filter, and plumb the tank with an overflow. Easy to do with pot scrubbies. I don't understand what you mean by cherry shrimp are for eating?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok thought they were for eating they are pets with only same species thanks VLADDY

And i will get a canister filter at the moment i have a internal one

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.