The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,
I am setting up a tank and I am not sure what lighting to get. What would be the correct kelvan range for a planted tank.
Will 10000 K be okay.
Thanks

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for your quick response. My new Tank is a wall mounted tank and it is 42 ins long, 61/2 deep and 16 ins tall.
I am thinking of either Compact flourescent or T5. How many bulbs do I need for each type.
Thanks a bunch.

·
Premium Member
9,417 Posts
What's 61/2??? 6 1/2"? That'd be the closest to a 20 gallon tank. Where the heck did you get this kinda tank?

T5s won't fit a 42" tank exactly. It'll either be too long or too short.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What's 61/2??? 6 1/2"? That'd be the closest to a 20 gallon tank. Where the heck did you get this kinda tank?

T5s won't fit a 42" tank exactly. It'll either be too long or too short.
It is a custom built tank to fit my wall. The lights are also mounted into the wall so the length is irrelevant.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i've seen these tanks....they look like picture frames. pretty neat, but hard to cram plants in and leave room for fish!
Yes it is true because the depth is quite narrow.The tank can be seen on both sides and one side is a mirror image of the other side. That is why the arrangement of the plants has to be seen as length wise. the 3D effect will be difficult to arrange.I intend to just add shrimps only to the tank.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.