The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My local petco finally have a 40 Breeder! So me and my boyfriend are going to go get it! Then in l within the next week I'm going order my gravel and decor. And then I'll probably order my fish in late June or early July! I'm so excited to have a more sophisticated tank set up (the biggest I've has was a 20 with fake plants... well I have a 75 at my mom for 2 goldfish but nothing else living in it).

Registered
16g rimless cherry shrimp, 20g cube dwarf cichlid, 40g breeder nano community.
Awesome! Cool that you found that 40.

Registered
Make sure you check it out a bit first. The tanks from the DPG sale are not really the greatest quality and sometimes for me anyways took a bit of digging to find one that didn't look terrible.

Years and years ago, when they were actually a dollar per gallon, they were pretty good quality. I used to have a 40 breeder setup about 8 years ago from the sale that was great. Even though I was going to return it regardless, I picked up a 55 a few weeks ago that looked semi okay only to find later on that the bottom trim was loose.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Make sure you check it out a bit first. The tanks from the DPG sale are not really the greatest quality and sometimes for me anyways took a bit of digging to find one that didn't look terrible.

Years and years ago, when they were actually a dollar per gallon, they were pretty good quality. I used to have a 40 breeder setup about 8 years ago from the sale that was great. Even though I was going to return it regardless, I picked up a 55 a few weeks ago that looked semi okay only to find later on that the bottom trim was loose.
Yeah I will. There's supposed to be a couple of them up there. I can always get aquarium glue if I need to. My 40B we got from the same petco has a scratch on the inside but it's for my gerbils so it's no biggie lol

I got it! I think I'm going to get a better light at some point. I need to find a lid and that's turning into an impossible task. Anyone know where I can get one online? My petco didn't have any

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Not 100% but I think I saw them on chewy.
They have mesh ones for reptiles and there's a brand out of stock that's glass or acrylic but I couldn't see dimensions

You could always hit up Lowes and get them to slice you a lid?
I've seen ones that are the right dimensions but no cut out for the filter or wires and get it cut. I might do that or get one that's like 5 inches short width wise

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.