Hello All!

Here's my current setup:

40 Breeder (36x18x17)
Fluorite capped with TMS
Root Tabs
Dry Ferts with EI Dosing + Fe/Mg
Pressurized CO2 using Inline GLA Atomizer

Hagen Glo 2x39 Fixture, 6700K+10000K Zoomed Bulbs

Mostly planted with stems, glosso, blyxa.

I'm trying to get high light over the the entire tank. 2 T5HO bulbs with a shared reflector might give me that directly under it, but I will be losing light in the peripherals.

My thoughts: push the 2x39 fixture of my light-hungry stems in the back and get a 1x39 T5HO (also Hagen Glo) and position it towards the front such that the two are 10-12" apart. My obvious concern is if this is simply too much light, period, or will this put be firm in high light over the entire substrate.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I should add that my lights would be mounted about 4" off the tank, with only 2-2.5 inches of substrate. From Hoppy's chart, I gather that that would be an even distribution of medium light using T5NOs.

I should also add that some of the plants that I plan on adding are fairly light demanding.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
While many/most plants will grow under those conditions, will plants with more striking colors (Limnophila aromatica, etc) be able to grow to their full glory in that light? I was under the impression that it took fairly high light to bring out their colors, coupled with proper ferts (controled nitrate, supplemental iron) of course.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.