The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I have tried a number of different things and the results of my efforts have improved! :icon_mrgr

Yet I am wondering if I am just missing something (mentally).....Is there some niffty little trick to getting all of the air out of a Magnum 350 to eliminate the "Trickling" sound?

I've removed the incoming hose quick disconnect and let the air bubble out, but there is always enough left to make a racket.

I am using it with the Micro-Filter cartridges.

Any Pointers?

Thanx!

·
Registered
466 Posts
Is there any kind of bend in the hoses? Also just to see if it works, take all the connectors away from the intake except the one that hangs over the side. I did this once and it worked.
Let me know if it worked. :)

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi sunmiztres,

There's no bends or kinks in the tubing. It just seems to be the design of the system. But if they all trickled like this--I've no-doubt would have heard it by now! :icon_mrgr

The air isn't being taken in after start up--its just the initial start-up air that goes into the filter area itself. I've shut the unit down, closed the output valve, disconnected the intake quick connect and then Bled the air out, but there always seems to be a little left to make noise. I'll try what You suggest, but from what I am seeing--I don't understand how it can help. The air inside the filter area just has to dissolve in order to get past the Micro-filter and exit. That takes days its seems.....:icon_mrgr

·
Registered
114 Posts
I had a 350 some time ago and always sort of had the same difficulty with air. Seemed to take way too long to get it all out.

Two things. First, once in a while put some silicone lube on the o-ring seal (top to canister). Don't know if it's just the size or what, but it seemed like sometimes it was actually "sucking" air.

TO get the air out, try tipping the whole canister (while it's running) so the air bubble can get right under the outlet. Sort of like "burping" it. That should get most of the air out.

·
Registered
711 Posts
If you have access to the outlet and can lift it easily,while the filter is running lift it and hold it over a bucket ,then bring it and the bucket lower than the aquarium's water level,put the bucket on the floor and let the water flow for 10 seconds or so,this will get rid of the air .
Now turn the filter off and close the quick disconnect valve ,put the outlet back on the rim of the tank, open the valve ,turn the filter on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts