The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering how many of you order 4' tubes online? I've had a heck of a time getting them to come in 1 piece. I am trying to make some decisions for my next tank lighting and I've been debating for months. One of the big factors I am thinking is shipping. I have a 1 in 5 success rate on receiving undamaged 48" T6 bulbs from both bigals and petsolutions. T5 would probably be the same or worse. But using 55W CF wouldnt be a problem. Combine that with value of AHSupply and I am leaning that way. I'd really like to try something like the Icecap/T5 combo that DIYreef is selling but the problem would be getting replacements for those dang fragile bulbs. Or my other thought was to continue using overdriven T6 lights but I'll have to buy some more ballasts and was going to try the Icecap T5 SLR reflectors on them.

So whats your all experience with getting bulbs in the mail?

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Ditto Reefgeek for quality mailing pkg. And never had a problem with the Drs. either, though their method ishuge and bulky, rather than smart like Reefgeek.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.