The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
The UVL Aquasun will produce is a pinkish color unless it is overdriven. UVL are supposed to be a high quality USA manufacturer. The bulbs have a high PAR value.

Wave Point seem to be nice but I have read where some feel they are step below ATI, Geisemmann, KZ and UVL bulbs but a step above Coralife bulbs.

TrueLumen I have not heard anything on.

You know about the Geisemann bulb already.

Good luck with whatever you choose. I don't think any of these bulbs will be a bad buy for planted tanks.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
The mix you have already is good enough for growing plants. I infact do not care about the aquaflora as well. Did not find any difference in growth or coloration with just middays.

What is your objective though when you are selecting new bulbs?

·
Registered
9,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The UVL Aquasun will produce is a pinkish color unless it is overdriven. UVL are supposed to be a high quality USA manufacturer. The bulbs have a high PAR value.

Wave Point seem to be nice but I have read where some feel they are step below ATI, Geisemmann, KZ and UVL bulbs but a step above Coralife bulbs.

TrueLumen I have not heard anything on.

You know about the Geisemann bulb already.

Good luck with whatever you choose. I don't think any of these bulbs will be a bad buy for planted tanks.
The geismanns have treated me well enough but I'm always looking to improve what I have.

I just got a GE Ecolux 6500k from a local hydro shop in town a couple weeks ago, $10 and worth it. Nice crisp white light for a 6500k bulb, not the yellowish/greenish hue, plants look great.
I really liked the ecolux's that I have. They are a lot brighter then the Gris an middays by a noticeable amount for sure.

The mix you have already is good enough for growing plants. I infact do not care about the aquaflora as well. Did not find any difference in growth or coloration with just middays.

What is your objective though when you are selecting new bulbs?
The main reasons are the one in my first response and just being Leary about buying bulbs online without being able to see the actual colors they produce. Since the k value is of no use at all from the manufacturer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.